Yes! I want to help expand the light of Spiritualism in the world!
Support NSAC and help fulfill its mission to teach the truths and principles expressed in the Declaration of Principles and in the Definitions of Spiritualism remembering together that “As the sunflower turns its face toward the light of the sun, so Spiritualism turns the face of humanity toward the light of truth.”
Your tax-deductible gift or your gift of time to the nation’s most trusted source for Spiritualist leadership will help expand the knowledge of and accessibility to Spiritualism: the Science, Philosophy and Religion of continuous life, based upon the demonstrated fact of communication by means of mediumship, with those who live in the Spirit World.
NSAC depends on the generosity of individuals like you to fund the work that auxiliary fees and convention activities cannot fully cover. Every gift ripples through the experience of more than 84,820 program and service participants annually, and through every participant, into the world we all share.
There are many ways you can support the work of NSAC. Join us as a volunteer, make a donation, or subscribe to our mailing list so you can find out about and attend our events as well as learn more about the practice and traditions of Spiritualism. Or buy books, pamphlets or recordings, learn more about NSAC and Spiritualism, and help spread the word about our organization. We welcome your involvement in whichever form it takes!
Ways to Give
Your tax-deductible support is important to help fulfill NSAC’s mission. Here are some of the ways to make a gift to NSAC.
- Cash, check or credit card is the simplest form of gift to make. This gift entitles you to the largest tax deduction possible: up to 50 percent of your adjusted gross income for the year, with a five-year carry-over of excess deductions.
- Matching Gifts: Will your employer match your gift to NSAC? Many people who make charitable donations are unaware that their gift may be eligible for matching funds from their employer. Companies often match employee gifts to nonprofit organizations.Matching Gifts are a way to leverage your gift. Companies often match your gift dollar for dollar and your donation record will be soft credited for the amount received from the Matching Gift Company. This soft credit may raise you to a higher recognition level.Matching Gift companies frequently offer to match your gift with merchandise or equipment, sometimes totaling up to four times the value of your gift. Please check with your human resources department. Your extra effort may double the value of your gift to the NSAC.
- Securities or stocks held more than one year and that have increased in value make extremely effective gifts. The donor is entitled to deductions for the fair market value of the stock on the date of the gift, plus you pay no tax on the capital gain value of the gift shares. A deduction of up to 30 percent of your adjusted gross income is available, with a five-year carry-over of excess deductions.
- A Bequest is a provision in your will naming NSAC as a recipient of a part of your estate. It is flexible and easy. A bequest may be for a specific dollar amount, a percentage or fraction of your estate, or it may take the form of a trust. The taxable amount of your estate is reduced by the value of any charitable bequests. Click here for a brochure with more information.
- Life Income Agreements (charitable trusts, pooled income funds, etc.) could be used as a way of sheltering assets that pay income for life to you or anyone you name, with future benefit to NSAC. You receive a deduction for the value of NSAC’s interest. You could also avoid paying taxes on capital gains when assets are sold, and thus increase your income.
- Retirement Funds naming NSAC as a beneficiary of all or part of an IRA or qualified retirement plan could achieve both estate and income tax savings. The gift funds escape estate tax, leaving for your heirs other assets, which are not subject to additional income taxes. NSAC, as a not-for-profit religious organization, will not pay income tax and your heirs will receive their share of your estate without the burden of income taxes.
October 9-14, 2022
At the Crowne Plaza, Phoenix Arizona